Who Can Apply:
- AAJA student membership is encouraged for all applicants and required for the selected scholarship recipients.
- Applicants must demonstrate journalistic excellence, a strong interest in pursuing sports journalism as a career. Selected scholarship recipients must commit to a minimum of five hours of volunteer work for AAJA.
- Applicants must be an undergraduate student enrolled full time with at least 12 credit units each semester at a community college or university located in the United States. Applicants must also be currently taking or planning to take journalism courses and/or planning to pursue sports journalism as a career.
- Cover letter (explain journalism experience – if any – academic accomplishments, career goals, community involvement and financial need)
- Essay (1,000-2000 words) – What do you hope to accomplish as a journalist?
- GPA requirement: Minimum 3.0
- References (names and contact information)
Deadline: May 15, 2016