Who Can Apply: For USF International Studies majors/minors only. Scholarships are awarded fall & spring semesters and summer term. Applicants are not guaranteed funding. Award amounts are determined by the quality of the application and available funds, but are generally in the amounts of $500-$750. Applicants must have been accepted into their program of study and paid the required deposit to assure program participation. Study abroad duration must be three weeks or longer. Additional consideration given to students who balance academics, community service and employment.
- For continuing undergraduate, graduate, transfer students
- Major-International Studies only
- US Citizen or International Student eligible
- Minimum GPA is 2.5
- Financial need considered but not a deciding factor
- USF Tampa campus only
- Education Abroad Scholarship Application (use one scholarship application; the review committee will determine eligibility for individual scholarships)
- A 500 word statement of intent
- A letter of recommendation
- Unofficial Transcript
- Cost Estimate Form for Non-USF programs
- Statement of Financial Need
- Students must have committed to the program of choice and must have paid required deposits.
Deadline: November 1, 2015
Learn More: Joan Newcomb Study Abroad Scholarships