- Applicant must be a minimum of eighteen years of age.
- Applicant must have a minimum high school diploma.
- Applicant must have a 3.0 overall grade point average, minimum.
- Applicant must provide 2 letters of reference; see below.
- Student must be enrolled full time.
- Proof of financial need is not required to qualify.
- Applicant must submit all required application information.
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States and attending a Weld Engineering or Weld Engineering Technology (4 year degree) program, or a mechanical or manufacturing engineering program with weld emphasis.
- Scholarship 1 ($2,500) will be available to a student from the states (attended High School or permanent address) of Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota, Wisconsin, or Missouri.
- Scholarship 2 ($2,500) will be available to a female or minority student, with preference to students from the states (attended High School or permanent address) of Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Missouri, Nebraska, Kansas, North Dakota or South Dakota.
- Applicant must have completed a minimum of one semester of academic study in their welding program, and be in good standing in the current semester.
- John Deere Scholarship recipients are not eligible to re-apply in subsequent years.
- Applicant must be working toward an undergraduate degree as a sophomore, junior, or senior, and not pursuing a master’s degree.
Deadline: February 15, 2018