John Lenard Civil Engineering Scholarship (Deadline: February 10, 2017)
Who Can Apply:
- The applicant must be a student majoring in civil engineering in an ABET-accredited program.
- The applicant must be an ASCE Student Member in good standing at the time of application and award.
- The applicant must demonstrate a commitment to either water supply or environmental engineering.
- Previous recipients of this scholarship are eligible to apply in any succeeding competition for these awards provided the other requirements of eligibility are satisfied.
(1) completed application form;
(2) statement by the applicant outlining the reasons the applicant should receive the scholarship, including financial need, as well as plans for continuing formal education and career goals; and how the award, if granted, will aid in his or her endeavors;
(3) essay by the applicant on: What can the civil engineering profession do to improve the environment, and what would the applicant do as a civil engineer to improve the environment;
(4) official transcripts;
(5) minimum of two sealed recommendation letters, one of which must be from a faculty member; and
(6) one-page resume.
Deadline: February 10, 2017
Learn More: http://www.asce.org/scholarships/lenard/