Who Can Apply:
- Current full-time or part-time students of a U.S. college or university. Students who have been accepted to a U.S. college or university for future enrollment are NOT eligible.
- Between the ages of 17 and 24, as of February 15th, 2016.
- Potential first-time winners of the competition: former winners (other than Honorable Mention) of the John Lennon Scholarships are not eligible to enter the competition.
- Applicants may submit only one song to the competition.
- The submitted work must be an original song with lyrics accompanied by whatever instrumentation is chosen by the applicant. Both lyrics and music must be original and not based on any prior work.
- The entry must be submitted as a MP3 or MP4a file, which should be named only with the title of the song. One copy of the lyrics must also be submitted as a PDF. Neither of these items may indicate the name of the applicant or their school. Applicants should retain copies of their recordings and lyrics since the Foundation will not undertake to return materials.
- In the case of a joint or co-written song:
- a. All applicants must meet all eligibility requirements.
- Applicants must warrant that they have not assigned any rights in the submitted work to a major music publisher or major record label.
- b. Such a jointly written work will be considered as a single entry.
- c. Should a jointly written work receive any type of award under this contest, the scholarship will be divided equally between applicants.
Deadline: February 15, 2016
Learn More: John Lennon Scholarship