John & Sophie Choratch Scholarship (Deadline: April 1, 2019)
Who Can Apply:
- Applicants must be children of Washington County families pursuing post-secondary education and whose parents or guardians are employed or volunteer as first responders (i.e., fire, emergency/rescue, police). Special preference will be given to those students whose parent or guardian has been killed in the line of duty, or who have otherwise been affected by local tragedy.
- Applicant must provide a letter from employer of first responder to verify employment status. If parent is a volunteer, letter should be provided from the volunteer organization.
- Applicant must demonstrate ability to complete chosen post-secondary course of study.
- Applicant must be accepted at or currently attending a post-secondary trade school, college or university. There is no requirement as to location of school or the field of study.
- Applicant must provide high school or college transcript.
- Applicant must provide an unofficial ACT or SAT test score.
- Applicant must provide a copy of the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) student aid report.
- Applicant must provide an essay of no more than 500 words regarding past accomplishments and future goals including community service activities.
- Applicant must provide two letters of recommendation (no relatives please).
- Applicant must complete the online application as provided and mail the application receipt along with hard copies of all required documentation to the WCCF.
Deadline: April 1, 2019