Who Can Apply: Created by the law firm of Gellert & Klein P.C. in honor of its founder The Honorable Joseph H. Gellert and supplemented by members of the community the Joseph H. Gellert/Dutchess County Bar Association Scholarship funds an annual scholarship (awarded through the Dutchess County Bar Association) to a resident of Dutchess County who is matriculated in an accredited law school. You must have completed at least one year of law school to apply.
– Resident of Dutchess County who is matriculated in an accredited law school
– Completed at least one year of law school to apply
– Two letters of recommendation (academic and from a law-related employer)
– A copy of your most recent law school transcript
– An essay of approximately 500 words describing your career aspirations
Deadline: May 1, 2021