Who Can Apply: This scholarship is intended to recognize in perpetuity the lifelong environmental interests and teaching career of devoted SUNY Cortland alumna, Joyce Ann Gaus ’60. Award will be split evenly between the fall and spring semesters. Funding is based on availability.
- awarded to a matriculated entering freshman or transfer level student in good academic standing at SUNY Cortland
- has been accepted to major in recreation, outdoor education or a closely related field
- has demonstrated leadership potential
- enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester)
- student must have at least one full academic year remaining at the start of the fall semester of award year
- has demonstrated financial need per FAFSA
Deadline: March 15, 2021