Who Can Apply: This is a need-based program providing scholarships for college and graduate school for Jewish students who are permanent residents of Los Angeles County.
- Must be Jewish
- Minimum age of 16 years
- Permanent and legal resident of Los Angeles County for a
minimum of three years
- U.S. citizen or documented legal permanent U.S. resident
with a Green Card
- Planning to attend an accredited public or private college, university or vocational school in the U.S.
- Planning to enroll as a full-time student with a minimum of
12 units per term
- Minimum 2.7 GPA (per term) for Undergraduate Students
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (per term) for Graduate Students
- Demonstrated and Verifiable financial need including
FAFSA (Student aid report)
Deadline: Completed application and all supplemental materials, including official transcript and letter of recommendation, must be postmarked no later than March 5, 2017. A complete list of required supplemental materials is available online. Any supplemental materials postmarked after March 5, 2017 will NOT be considered.
Amount: Since 1972, Jewish Vocational Service has awarded over $7.8 million to more than 4,400 financially challenged Jewish students from Los Angeles pursuing higher education. This year alone, JVS is distributing $614,050 to 193 deserving recipients attending colleges and graduate schools around the country.
Learn More: www.jvsla.org/scholarship