Description: Since 1972, Jewish Vocational Service has awarded more than $10 million to over 5,000 financially challenged Jewish students from Los Angeles pursuing higher education. This year alone, JVS is distributing $808,700 to 256 deserving recipients attending colleges and graduate schools around the country.
Who Can Apply:
- Must be Jewish
- Minimum age of 16 years
- Permanent and legal resident of Los Angeles County for a
minimum of three years
- U.S. citizen or documented legal permanent U.S. resident with a
- Planning to attend an accredited public or private college,
university or vocational school in the U.S.
- Planning to enroll as a full-time student with a minimum of 12
units per term
- Minimum 2.7 GPA (per term) for Undergraduate Students
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (per term) for Graduate Students
- Demonstrated and Verifiable financial need including FAFSA (Student aid report)
How to Apply: Visit link below.
Scholarship Amount: $500 to $5,000
Number of Scholarships Offered: 220
Deadline: The online application period for the 2020-2021 academic year begins January 1, 2020 and closes March 31, 2020. Completed application and all supplemental materials, including official transcript and letter of recommendation, must be postmarked no later than March 31, 2020. A complete list of required supplemental materials is available online. Any supplemental materials postmarked after March 31, 2020 will NOT be considered.
Learn More: https://www.jvs-socal.org/program/scholarship/