Kelsey’s Law Scholarship (Deadline: August 31, 2016)
Who Can Apply:
- Open to 11th and 12th grade students (Class of 2016 and 2017) attending any public or private Michigan high school (finalists will be required to provide proof of enrollment with a student I.D. or transcript).
- Applicant must be a Michigan resident with a valid Michigan driver’s license.
- If under the age of 18 by October 1, 2016, a parental consent form must be signed by a parent or guardian prior to distribution of the award.
Submission: Applicants are asked to submit a persuasive message that shows how you would convince young drivers to reduce distractions while driving.
Messages may be in the form of a video, graphic or Tweet that resonates with teens and influences their driving behavior.
Entries will be judged and critiqued on the following factors:
- Ability to persuade others, especially teen drivers, to stop texting while driving.
- Ability to grab the attention of your friends, peers and family.
- A clear and understandable message.
- Demonstration of your personal creativity and ingenuity.
Deadline: August 31, 2016