Who Can Apply: The Ken Gale Scholarship was created to reflect the values of this remarkable individual. The scholarship will be awarded to the student who best exemplifies the qualities that Mr. Gale demonstrated throughout his career in the Montrose Community. Mr. Gale’s achievements as Executive Director of the Chamber of Commerce, City Councilman, and Mayor of Montrose, reflect an interest in business, government, and community affairs. Scholarship will be awarded yearly to a graduating senior at Montrose County School, or a Montrose County School graduate attending Mesa State College Montrose Campus.
- Must show community involvement. This involvement should represent a ‘spirit’ that has taken the applicant beyond themselves and into the community.
- Must be a graduating senior or past graduate of Montrose High School.
- Must be planning to attend a post-secondary institution in the fall of the year the scholarship is awarded. This includes: college, university, junior college, community college, technical institute, or vocational-technical school.
- Must provide a current resume that details school activities, athletic involvement, community activities, achievements, career goals, and work experience.
- Must provide a current transcript.
- Must answer three essay questions.
Deadline: April 1, 2015
Learn More: Ken Gale Chamber Scholarship