Who Can Apply: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be an early career psychologist (no more than ten years post-doctoral).
- Familiarity with the Clarks’ work is essential:
- Kenneth Bancroft Clark, Library of Congress, Manuscript Division, Washington, D.C.
- Mamie Phipps Clark, Manuscripts Division, New York Public Library, New York.
- Markowitz, G. & Rosner, D. (1996). Children, Race and Power: Kenneth and Mamie Clark’s Northside Center. Charlottesville: University Press of Virginia.
Submission: Please include the following in a single document (Not to exceed five pages, one-inch margins, 11-point Times New Roman/Garamond Font, single space):
- Goals, relevant background/literature review.
- Methods (must be detailed enough so that the design, assessments, and procedures can be evaluated).
- Anticipated outcomes, significance and impact.
Additionally, please submit the following documents:
- Project timeline (not to exceed one page; typically, APF grants are for one year).
- Detailed budget and justification (not to exceed one page).
- Abbreviated CV (not to exceed five pages).
Deadline: June 15, 2018