Keyera Energy – Peter J. Renton Memorial Scholarship (Deadline: August 1, 2018)
Who Can Apply: Applicants must:
• be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible),
• be an Alberta resident, and to be considered an Alberta resident one of the following conditions must apply:
– one parent, or legal guardian has maintained permanent residence in Canada for at least twelve (12) consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies and be residing in Alberta, or
– Alberta is the last place the student has lived for twelve (12) consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies, or
– was married to an Alberta resident immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies.
• have completed the requirements for high school graduation in Alberta,
• plan to enroll full-time in an accredited Alberta post-secondary institution in the first year of a degree or diploma program in a field of study supporting the oil and gas industry, including but not limited to: business, communications, sciences and engineering, technical programs and information technology, and
• must maintain a 3.0 grade point average (GPA), out of 4, in their second year of study and a course load of three courses per semester in order to receive the second installment.
- A typed statement on how you would compare your personality and characteristics to those of Peter J. Renton.
– One reference from the School Principal or school representative.
– One reference someone who is not connected with the school, e.g. employer, mentor, representative from a volunteer organization.
Deadline: August 1, 2018