Who Can Apply:
- Recipients must be Black in regard to race.
- May be a male or female pursuing, or planning to pursue, a degree with a focus on cybersecurity or information assurance.
- In 2021 you must plan to be an undergraduate freshman, sophomore, junior or senior student or graduate student.
- GPA must be at least 3.2 on a 4.0 scale (or an analogous rank based on a comparable scale).
- You must be a US citizen.
- May be attending on campus or online.
- May be attending full time or part time.
- Must be attending in the US.
- If awarded: the funds will be sent to your school with instructions that it be applied to tuition, fees, books, electronics and up to $3,000 for on-campus housing. Awards are NOT paid to the scholarship recipient.
- If you are being considered for award you agree to a face to face Zoom meeting for a five-minute interview with KnowBe4. You must have camera capability for this Zoom meeting via computer, tablet or phone camera.
1. Unofficial transcripts from your current (or most recent) educational institution. If awarded; no funds will be disbursed until official transcripts have
2. One Letter of Recommendation outlining the following:
· How long have you known the applicant and in what capacity?
· What skills or abilities does the applicant have that will support him/her in completing a degree?
· What other information about the applicant should be taken into consideration?
· NOTE: Academic references are preferred; however, you may submit a professional letter of reference addressing the points above.
3. Resume/CV – No more than 3 pages maximum. Do not include links to publications.
4. Essay questions to be filled out in application:
· Tell us why you should be chosen to receive this KnowBe4 Cybersecurity Scholarship and what makes you stand out from your peers?
· Describe why you need the scholarship.
· Describe your personal and education backgrounds.
· Describe why you chose your major and your goals for your academic career. What makes you a candidate for success in information
security and what are your goals for your professional career.
· Describe any contributions to the cybersecurity field i.e., volunteer work, articles, etc., and any other hobbies or extracurricular activities
and what they mean to you. (Do not include links to articles)
· Please tell us anything else you would like us to know about you.
Deadline: September 14, 2020