Labconco-Callaway Scholarship (Deadline: March 15, 2018)
Who Can Apply: The purpose of the Labconco-Callaway Scholarship is to offer Labconco employee’s dependent children assistance in expanding educational opportunities at the college level. It was created in recognition of the longstanding leadership of the Callaway family within Labconco Corporation.
The students eligible for assistance shall:
- be a dependent of a Labconco associate and be claimed on the associate’s most recent Federal Income Tax Return;
- ensure the associate parent is a regular part-time or full-time associate and have at least one year of seniority with the company. Should an associate who meets these service requirements be on a temporary layoff, their children would still qualify;
- be a high school senior;
- have a minimum 2.0 GPA based on a scale of 4.0 through the first seven semesters of high school. A copy of the high school transcript must be provided to be considered;
- Plan to enroll at a two or four-year college or university or, an accredited technical/vocational school upon high school graduation on a full-time basis (a minimum of 12 semester hours). A minimum 2.0 GPA with at least 12 completed credit hours must be maintained the first semester to qualify for the second semester award;
- provide minimum of one (1) letter of recommendation from a school educator.
- submit a brief essay which should include why he or she plans to continue their education beyond high school, any ambitions and goals, and reasons why consideration for this scholarship award is merited.
- Composite ACT and/or SAT Score(s) (specify which exam, date taken and specify Critical Reading, Math and Writing Scores)
- Labconco Employee Aniversary Date
- In 150 words or less, please explain why you plan to continue your education beyond high school, your ambitions and goals, and reasons why you merit consideration for this scholarship.
- Please upload a letter of recommendation from a school educator.
Deadline: March 15, 2018