Who Can Apply: The Laurels Fund was established in 1978 for the purpose of providing scholarships to female students who are pursuing advanced degrees in Accounting.
This Fund provides one-year scholarships, ranging from $1,000 to $5,000 each, for women who are pursuing a Ph.D. degree in Accounting.
The selection of award recipients is based on:
- Scholarship, involving academic achievements in course work and research activities
- Service, including any volunteer work to which the applicant has made significant or long-term commitments
- Financial need
- A current curriculum vitae
- One copy of the official transcript and current enrollment in your program
- One copy of the abstract and citations of articles published and/or presented at academic conferences
- One copy of any cases or materials you have developed, either single- or co-authored
- One letter of reference based on scholarship, addressing both scholarship and teaching potential
- A second letter of reference on character and leadership potential
- A statement of personal and career goals and objectives
Deadline: May 15, 2021