Who Can Apply: Applicants must:
– Be a graduate or a graduating high school senior from a public high school in Winnebago or Boone Counties;
– Have a permanent address in Winnebago or Boone Counties;
– Have a cumulative GPA of 3.75 or above if a graduating senior;
– Have a cumulative collegiate GPA of 3.5 or above if a current college student;
– Exhibit financial need (an EFC of 3000 or less); and
– Be actively involved in social studies organizations, clubs and classes such as student government, political campaigns, community organizing or advocacy.
Submission: Citizens under the age of 30 traditionally have the lowest percentage of registered voters, and those who are registered have the lowest turnout at election time. How would you use your leadership skills to encourage younger citizens to become active voters?
Deadline: February 1, 2020