The Leifert & Leifert Right to Privacy Scholarship (Deadline: August 31, 2018)
Who Can Apply: To qualify for the Leifert & Leifert Right to Privacy Scholarship, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You must be enrolled in at a duly accredited institution, including junior college, community college, undergraduate program, or graduate program anywhere in the United States
- You must have solid academic standing with a minimum 3.0 GPA or above
- High school graduates or GED holders about to start their college career are eligible to apply
Submission: In order to submit an application for the scholarship, interested candidates should provide the following:
- Pertinent contact information, updated resume, and current status as a student.
- A 750-word original essay which describes what rights the public should have to view information, specifically mug shots, on defendants and what protections should defendants have so their information is not necessarily public. The student must then describe any solutions to problems identified in the essay.
- An up-to-date transcript from the applicant’s current institution. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. (NOTE: High school graduates, GED holders, and first-year students are allowed to submit an unofficial transcript from their most recent institution attended along with relevant documentation from their current school.)
Deadline: August 31, 2018