Who Can Apply:
- Applicants must be graduating seniors or graduates of Coffee High School or of any other public high school as may in the future be operated by the Coffee County Board of Education. An initial scholarship will only be awarded to graduating seniors and current graduates who will matriculate to a college or university for the fall semester or quarter immediately following their high school graduation. The recipient of an initial scholarship will continue to receive the scholarship while they continue in attendance at a college or university of their choice provided they continue to meet the eligibility requirements hereafter set out.
- Enrollment as a full-time student in an accredited two or four-year college or university is required.
- Students who have begun their college or university education must be making satisfactory progress as defined by their college or university and must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 or higher to be considered. The GPA will be tested annually at of the end of spring semester or quarter. Satisfactory progress will also be deemed to mean that a student may only miss one semester or quarter each academic year; provided, however, that the Foundation may waive this requirement if it determines to its reasonable satisfaction that their failure to attend is due to an unusual hardship, illness, or disability which is not expected to prevent their return to school for more than one additional semester or quarter. Eligibility for continuation of the scholarship will end on graduation from a college or university or the completion of four and one-half academic years of college or university education, whichever arrives sooner.
- Provide the names and email addresses of two references who have agreed to submit a letter of recommendation for you. One must come from a teacher, school personnel, or other adult who can attest to your academic abilities, and the other must be from a community member, volunteer advisor, or other influential adult who can attest to your community spirit. These people will receive an email from our system allowing them to submit your recommendation. Please ask them before submitting their email address and let them know when you have submitted your application because that is when they will receive the email.
- A resume listing your school and community activities, athletics, awards, offices held, and other relevant experience.
- Your most recent high school transcript – you must request this from your current school.
Deadline: March 15, 2018