Who Can Apply: To encourage Native Americans, veterans or children of veterans, to attend and graduate from Southern Oregon University.
- Available to students who have financial need but are not Pell eligible as determined by the Free Application for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA).
- Must be pursuing a degree granted by Southern Oregon University. It is open to all academic majors.
- Must have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- The recipient(s) must be enrolled full time at SOU.
- Preference will be given to Native American student who can provide proof of enrollment in a federally or state recognized tribe, or veterans, or children of veterans.
- Preference will be given to a student of junior or senior standing.
Submission: Additional Essay (up to 500 words): “Describe your commitment to your community (volunteer service, cultural awareness, etc.) and explain your plans after obtaining a degree.”
Deadline: August 14, 2015
Learn More: Li and Melvin Harder III Scholarship