Who Can Apply: Open to university students pursing a degree in the hospitality industry, ADMEI administers an annual academic scholarship as a living tribute to Linda Thompson, who was a vital part of the Destination Management Company profession. She was an owner of Cappa and Graham, Inc. in San Francisco, CA and was a driving force in the development of the DMC Network.
Submission: Complete the 2021 Linda Thompson Memorial Scholarship Application. In the application you will be asked to:
- Submit a Résumé (PDF format)
- Submit a Letter of Recommendation (PDF format) from either a college/university professor or a professional in the event industry that verifies:
- Applicant’s commitment and ability to complete the educational program
- Experience in the event management industry, whether volunteer or paid
- Aptitude to deal with the demands of the Destination Management profession
- Submit an Essay (minimum 250 words in PDF format) covering the following topics (all documents should be submitted in English):
- Explanation of interest in the Destination Management/Event Management industry.
- Explanation of knowledge or experience in the Destination Management/Event Management field.
- Focus of study and goals.
- How would receiving this scholarship help you achieve your stated goals.
- What is the last event you attended? What did you like about it? What would you do differently?
Deadline: November 1, 2020
Learn More: https://www.admei.org/scholarship/