Who Can Apply:
- Graduate by July 2016 from a Collin County public high school
- Plan to attend a two or four-year college or university in the Fall 2016
- Achieve a GPA and class ranking which demonstrates academic success
- Demonstrate community service, volunteerism and commitment to leadership development
- Commit to pursue a medical oriented degree program
- Demonstrate financial need
1. Completed Student Application Form
- Student Essay
- Essays must be 2 pages typed, double-spaced in black, 12 point font. The student should explain in detail how his or her personal and professional plans, goals, hopes and dreams for the future are consistent with the mission of Living for Zachary. Essays should provide information about the student’s interest and commitment to pursing a medical field of study. Essays should clearly articulate how the applicant meets all of the eligibility criteria.
We encourage students to review their essay with an adult advisor, counselor or mentor to assure that it sets forth all relevant details and that it is presented appropriately.
- One Letter of Recommendation
a. Educator Recommendation- One recommendation must be from a teacher
The educator recommendation should speak to the student’s academic record, and his or her knowledge of the students plans to pursue a medical field of study.
b. Applicants may not submit letters of recommendation written by family members, relatives or peers.
- Official High School Transcript
Deadline: December 6, 2015
Learn More: Living for Zachary Scholarship