Who Can Apply:
- Open To Currently Enrolled, Full-Time Undergraduate Student Members; Extra Credit May Be Awarded For Volunteer Work/Leadership.
- Applicants must be full-time students enrolled in an accredited, 2- or 4-year college or university, majoring in a program emphasizing the engineering, science, advanced technologies or fundamental theories associated with motion imaging, sound, metadata and workflows consistent with SMPTE’s field of interest, and must have completed a minimum of four courses toward said major in good academic standing.
- Applicants must be current SMPTE members. SMPTE Student membership is available for $35 per year.
Submission: Applicants must submit an Application Form, and the following:
- Applicant’s name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- Current official transcript (grade report), sent directly from the school.
- An essay (maximum 400 words) explaining the applicant’s long- and short-term goals, extra-curricular activities (including volunteer work and leadership, if applicable), awards and accomplishments, financial need, and applicant’s reasons to pursue an education/ career in this field.
- A letter of recommendation, submitted from an advisor, professor or instructor, on official school stationary, outlining the applicant’s qualifications for the scholarship consistent with SMPTE’s field of interest and the scholarship’s objectives. The letter of recommendation must be signed and dated and must include the Recommender’s name, title, address, telephone number, and email address.
- A signed letter from the school’s registrar stating the student’s commitment to return to school following the award of scholarship.
Deadline: May 18, 2015
Learn More: Louis F. Wolf, Jr. Memorial Scholarship