Who Can Apply:
1. Diagnosed with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)
2. Full -time or part-time student working towards an undergraduate or first-year graduate degree. A minimum of six credits enrolled per semester at an accredited United States college or university is required. Online classes do NOT count toward 6-credit minimum.
3. Enrolled at their college or university for the upcoming FALL semester after scholarship is awarded
4. Have earned a minimum GPA of 3.0
5. Involved in at least one extracurricular activity (e.g., performance group, athletics, clubs/organizations, community service, employment, etc.)
6. Demonstrated leadership and is active in their community
7. Willing to share their story with others
8. Does not hold a graduate degree at the time the application is submitted
- Completed Application Checklist AND Application Form. Note: Checks can only be made to the college stated on the Application Form. If you are graduating from high school and haven’t made a decision yet, please list the colleges you are considering. This option requires you to send an acceptance letter for all colleges mentioned on the Application Form.
- Letter from a physician verifying a diagnosis of SLE
- Copy of a transcript or grade report of the last semester attended
- Minimum of one letter of recommendation from a teacher, faculty member, mentor, coach, club/organization advisor, or employer (excluding family members). Do NOT send more than two recommendation letters. Letters must be written on official letterhead and include the author’s signature.
- An essay of approximately 500 words, typewritten and double-spaced on “How Lupus Has Affected My Life”
Deadline: July 1, 2016