Who Can Apply:
1. Citizenship—The candidate must be a United States citizen of Southern Italian descent, having at least one parent originating from the region of: Abruzzo, Basilicata, Campania, Calabria, Latium, Molise, Puglia, Sardinia, or Sicily. Documented and notarized proof may be requested, by the selection committee, if necessary.
2. Sponsorship—Every UNICO Chapter or District, in good standing, may sponsor candidates for each of the UNICO Foundation scholarships.
3. Educational Requirements—A candidate must be currently attending, full time, an accredited, campus based four year college/university in the United States, pursuing a degree. The candidate must have a minimum grade point average of 2.7. A bursar’s receipt, as proof of enrollment for the current academic semester, must be provided prior to issuing the scholarship award check.
4. Financial Need—The candidate’s financial need is a consideration. A current FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) or the previous year income tax return is required.
5. Extra-Curricular and Community Participation—The extent to which a candidate has contributed to the life and welfare of college and/or community will be considered in the assessment of merit.
6. Family Members—UNICANS and their family members may apply.
7. Timeframe—The candidate must continue studies within the academic year of the scholarship grant; any deviation will result in forfeiture.
Deadline: April 15, 2018