The Marie A. Calderilla Scholarship (Deadline: April 18, 2018)
Who Can Apply:
- Female student, pursuing first undergraduate degree or certificate program
- Graduating high school senior or re-entry student planning to attend a college in the San Mateo County Community College District (Cañada College, College of San Mateo and Skyline Community College)
- Demonstrated financial hardship
- Serious about improving her life through education
- United States citizen or eligible non-citizen (eligible non-citizens include United States legal residents and A.B. 540 students)
Submission: Your personal statement must be 500-800 words, double-spaced (approximately 2-3 pages), and must address the following prompts:
Describe your academic plan. Are you working toward a certificate, a two- or four-year degree, or planning to transfer to a four-year institution?
Describe why you want to go back to school and three personal attributes that you think will help you succeed in college or your certificate / vocational program.
Discuss your career goals.
Describe a personal accomplishment of which you are proud or activities in which you have been involved.
Reflect upon any challenges you have faced, how you responded to them and what you learned as a result. Indicate why you believe you are a good candidate for the specific scholarship(s) for which you are applying.
Deadline: April 18, 2018
Amount: Up to $20,000 (paid over three or four years, must meet renewal requirements)