Marion Motley Scholarship (Deadline: September 30, 2018)
Who Can Apply:
- Applicants must be high school seniors graduating in 2019 who plan to major in areas that could lead to a career working in education or for a professional sports organization, such as but not limited to: accounting, business, communications, event management, exercise science, finance, graphic, design, human resources, information technology, journalism, kinesiology, marketing/advertising, public relations, or sports management.
- Students must be enrolled in a high school located in Northeast Ohio, on track to graduate at the end of the 2018-2019 academic year, and planning to enroll in a two-year or four-year college in 2019 in order to apply.
– Copy of high school transcript showing cumulative grade point average through the end of junior year (Note: senior year grades will be required before final selections are made)
– Copy of SAT or ACT scores (Note: scores on an official high school transcript are acceptable, but copies of the report from the testing agency are preferred. (Only test scores through September 2018 will be accepted)
– Copy of 2017 tax forms for student, Parent 1 (mother/father/stepparent) & Parent 2 (mother/father/stepparent); either 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ. If taxes were not filed, copies of 2017 W-2 form(s) or letter stating no income earned in 2017 required. (Note: a copy of the 2019/2020 FAFSA will be required before selections will be finalized)
– Essays (two are required; questions on application)
– Extracurricular resume or list of activities
– Letter of recommendation from a teacher or guidance counselor who knows you well
Deadline: September 30, 2018