Who Can Apply: In 2006, Mark Milano, died unexpectedly due to medical complications during the treatment of a high school football game injury. Mark was a gregarious human who was loved by many and a friend to all he knew. Through the generosity of the community, Rivera and Milano families and his cousins Mark and Jessie Milano, a yearly scholarship will be awarded to a graduating senior from Spackenkill High School who will be full time student at any accredited college or university in the United States.
– Graduating senior from Spackenkill High School
– Overcoming an obstacles
– Demonstrates qualities of being, fun loving, loyal, caring, generous, sensitive, friend to all, and school spirited
– Financial need
– Essay discussing an obstacle you have overcome, your personal values and plans for the future. (typed, limit to one page or 500 words).
– Most recent high school or college transcript.
– Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, which you will receive when you complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
– Two current letters of recommendation from teachers/guidance counselor, clergy or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities. These letters must have been written within the last six months.
Deadline: May 1, 2021