Who Can Apply: The Martin Luther King Jr. Scholarship Fund at the Muskingum County Community Foundation hopes to encourage graduating minority seniors from Muskingum County to pursue higher education at a 2 or 4 year college or university.
Multiple $500 book scholarships will be awarded in 2021. Scholarships will be divided into two payments of $250 each.
1. Applicant must be a minority student.
2. Applicant must be on track to be a 2021 high school graduate.
3. Applicant must have taken a CP, Honors, or AP track throughout high school.
4. Applicant must have taken the ACT or SAT before the end of October 2020 and receive an 18 or higher composite ACT score or SAT equivalent.
5. Applicant must have applied to a 2 or 4-year college or university.
6. Applicant must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale).
7. Applicant must have passed all parts of Ohio’s State Test.
8. Applicant must attach an official high school transcript to the submitted application that shows ACT scores and cumulative GPA.
9. There will not be a 2021 Martin Luther King Jr. Scholarship Fund Prayer Breakfast. In lieu of the Prayer Breakfast, a 30-minute television program will be organized to present the recipients’ achievement to the community.
Deadline: October 30, 2020