Who Can Apply:
- Exhibit high moral character and excellent citizenship
- Be a graduate in good standing of Southmont High School, Montgomery County, Indiana by the end of June of the year in which the application is filed
- Must have participated in an extracurricular music activity his/her senior year. The extracurricular activity may include choir or band.
- Preference should be given to an individual who plans to study music in college
- Be accepted into and attend an accredited four-year public or private college or university in Indiana
- Must have a grade point average of 2.5 based on a 4.0 scale
- Must have completed a minimum of seven (7) semesters or ten (11) trimesters by the application deadline to be eligible to apply for the scholarship
- You are not eligible to apply for the Mary Alice Davenport Williams Scholarship if you are the child, grandchild, great grandchild, spouse, brother, sister, brother-in-law or sister-in-law of a person who during the last three years has served as a member of the Board of Directors, Scholarship Committee or Staff of the Montgomery County Community Foundation
- Complete the online MCCF Standard Scholarship application – due March 6, 2015 at 5:00 p.m.
- In addition to the standard essay questions, be prepared to write an essay (300 word maximum) addressing: “How has music impacted your life and how do you plan to incorporate music in your future endeavors.”
Deadline: March 6, 2015
Learn More: Mary Alice Davenport Williams Scholarship