Who Can Apply: The Mary Alice Hartigan Scholarship for Nursing provides financial support to individuals for healthcare education in the field of nursing and surgical services with an emphasis on surgical nursing. Created in 1999 to honor the late Mary Alice Hartigan, friends, family, and co-workers of Mrs. Hartigan partnered with Mosaic Life Care Foundation to establish this fund to serve as a tribute to her years of dedication to the profession of nursing and devotion to the field of surgical services.
- Minimum enrollment of 12 hours of study for a regular semester or equivalent full-time status in an accredited nursing or surgical services program.
- Maintain a 2.5 or above GPA in a 4.0 scale and meet acceptable academic standards of the institution in which enrolled.
- Indicate prior and current volunteer service to humanity and healthcare, if applicable.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Provide references and recommendations.
- Must reside within the Mosaic Life Care Foundation service region.
Deadline: March 15, 2021