Who Can Apply: This one-time award is to provide funds to enrich and extend the educational knowledge and experience of a student or students entering the profession of teaching, with a major in English and/or foreign language. Student applicants shall be seniors from Middletown High School, Edgewood High School, and Monroe High School intending to enter the profession of teaching at the secondary level in the areas of English and/or Foreign language.
Preference will be given to students intending to be certified in the double major of English/ foreign language. All applicants must be students in good standing with a cumulative grade point average for grades 9-12 of 3.5 or better. All applicants must have studied English for all four years of high school and have studied at least one foreign language for two consecutive years in high school. All applicants will be reviewed on the basis of academic achievement and service to the school and community.
- Incoming Freshman
- Must be graduating from Edgewood, Middletown, or Monroe High School
- Must be attending an accredited four year college or university
- Must be majoring in English or a Foreign Language
- Applicant will be required to fill out financial information and upload FAFSA
- Applicant will be required to upload ACT or SAT report
- Must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.5
Deadline: February 14, 2019