MassMutual Greater Hudson Scholarship Award (Deadline: May 28, 2018)
Who Can Apply:
- Applicant must be a resident of New York or New Jersey. (must be legal U.S. resident)
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need for college tuition and related expenses with supporting documents.
- Applicant must be a U.S. high school graduating senior or equivalent.
- Applicant must have a minimum 3.0 GPA or equivalent. (i.e. B average or 85 and above)
- Applicant will enroll in an accredited U.S. College full-time for the academic year of 2018-2019.
1. A completed MassMutual Greater Hudson Scholarship application form.
2. A copy of one of the following documents demonstrating financial need (must include or show the name of the applicant):
- Family’s complete 2017 1040 U.S. Income Tax Return including all schedules, or
- Family’s complete 2016 1040 U.S. Income Tax Return including all schedules and most recent 2017 W-2 and/or 1099, or
- If 1040 statements are not available, please provide any official documentation from government agency indicating financial hardship.
*** Please black out all Social Security Numbers on all the financial documents for security purposes.
3. An autobiography (2 to 5 pages) explaining why you should be awarded a scholarship. Please include but not limited to the following: (Guideline: Times New Roman, 12 pt. font, 1 spacing)
- Reasons for your financial need and how you intend to use this educational scholarship if awarded to you
- Specific examples of your personal and academic achievements
- Specific goals pertaining to your academic and career paths
- Your past and current community involvement, as well as your future plans and aspirations toward making a difference in your community
4. An essay (2 to 3 pages) on the theme of Fiscal/Financial Responsibility:
- What does being “Financially Responsible” mean to you?
- What are some of the financial related situations or problems you have encountered? And How have you resolved them?
- What are some of the personal lessons you have learned on being Financially Responsible? Give examples
- In your opinion, how important is it to have financial education in schools? If so, please explain why
- What would be an innovative way to teach financial education and responsibility to today’s youth?
5. An official High School Transcript
6. Two letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, and/or other advisors.
7. A copy of Acceptance Letter from the College/University you are attending beginning Fall 2018
8. A cover page including applicants name, address, contact phone number, and email
Deadline: May 28, 2018