Who Can Apply:
1. Undergraduate and postgraduate students in Science, Engineering, Environment, and related discipline.
2. Studying in College, exchange students are welcome.
3. Minimum GPA: 2.7 or B- equivalent
4. Content must be original and written by you. No plagiarism.
Submission: You are required to submit the essay answering one of the following topics:
1. Analyze the existing lighting technologies and rate them in terms of performance, savings, reliability, and functionality.
2. Why converting to LED is good for the country and nation. Think of the economic and environmental reasons why conversion makes sense.
3. The benefits to the environment of converting to LED. For example, calculate the reduced energy consumption if people convert their light fixtures from Metal Halide to a LED Retrofit Solution.
4. Analyze the existing lighting technologies and rate them in terms of performance, savings, reliability, and functionality.
5. How sports clubs and stadium facilities can dramatically reduce their energy spend by converting over to LED.
6. Cost / Benefit Analysis of Converting to LED Lights – What should business owners consider when analyzing the reasons to convert to LEDs for their businesses. Think in terms of a stadium owner, sports club owner, or anyone who spends a lot of money on lights every month.
7. Great ideas for making the planet greener – things we can do as individuals or things corporations can do to help the environment.
Deadline: September 1, 2020