Who Can Apply: The Butler’s Pantry Melinda Jackson Scholarship will award up to four renewable $500 scholarships annually. Butler’s Pantry employees and dependent children of employees who are enrolled, or will enroll, in an accredited two year or four year college, university or trade school and demonstrate financial need are eligible to apply.
- be an employee of Butler’s Pantry or a dependent child of an employee of Butler’s Pantry,
- be a graduating high school senior or undergraduate college student,
- have achieved a 2.5 grade point average on a 4 point scale (or the equivalent),
- plan to enroll in an accredited post-secondary program of study leading to a certificate, an Associate’s or a Bachelor’s degree, and
- demonstrate unmet financial need
Submission: Butler’s Pantry established this scholarship to honor a former employee who exemplified the company’s “Guiding Principles of Leadership” such as: “Leaders empower personal growth”, “Leaders are compassionate and caring”, and “Leaders celebrate the success of others”. Write an essay that explains your guiding principles of leadership, providing examples of when you have taken a leadership role.
Deadline: April 15, 2018