Who Can Apply: This scholarship was established by family and friends in honor of Melissa Eleanor Ernest who was anticipating a promising career as an Esthetician upon graduation from Douglas J. Aveda Institute before her tragic death.
· Resident of Jackson County, Michigan
· Adult returning learner, graduating high school senior, or student already enrolled in an accredited institution of cosmetology
· Enrolled / plans to enroll full- or part-time to study cosmetology, esthiology, and/or nail technician.
· Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
· Demonstrates financial need
· Must attend an accredited institution of cosmetology in the United States
Deadline: February 14, 2021