Who Can Apply: The Mickey Marvin Scholarship Fund was Founded in July of 2016. The contributions and monies raised for the fund will benefit local athletes at the following Henderson County High Schools (East Henderson, Hendersonville High, North Henderson & East Henderson). The Mickey Marvin Scholarship will be awarded to one graduating senior athlete from each of these schools. Each graduating senior will need to be accepted and planning to enroll at a 4 year accredited college or university. This $1,000 scholarship is non-renewable.
The successful applicant will:
- Be a graduating Varsity athlete at HHS, EHHS, NHHS, & WHHS.
- Proof of acceptance and a plan to attend an accredited 4 year college or University.
- A Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Demonstrate financial need
- Possess leadership skills and display strong character
- Have a positive attitude toward peers and administration
- Actively participate in the community including school, and or church/civic activities.
- Maintain at least a 2.5 GPA
- Work toward obtaining their degree
- Student will provide the Foundation with reports of enrollment, grades and academic status.
- Be in good standing with their university.
- No criminal record or arrests.
- Maintain abstinence from Drug or Alcohol Use
- Exhibit Social Media Integrity
Deadline: February 11, 2019
Learn More: http://hcefnc.org/2019scholarships/