Who Can Apply: Applicants must:
- Be a graduating senior who has participated in a TRIO program during high school.
- Reside in or attend high school in Baldwin, Bibb, Crawford, Jones, Monroe, Twiggs, or Wilkinson counties.
- Have at least a 2.75 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Four Personal Statements:
- Describe an experience that sparked your interest in your intended major or career field. How do you plan to achieve your career goal?
- Provide one example of a challenge you have overcome or a problem you have solved. What was the challenge or problem, and how did you overcome it? What did you learn from this?
- Give one example of a way you have given back to your community, through a volunteer activity or by helping another person. What was the impact as a result of your service?
- Give one example of how TRIO helped you in high school and how you think this scholarship will continue to help you in college.
- Please indicate which TRIO programs you participated in during high school (select all that apply):
- Educational Talent Search
- Upward Bound
- Educational Opportunity Centers
- Two letters of recommendation. One recommendation must come from a TRIO project director or administration. The other recommendation can be from a teacher, administrator, or community leader.
- A resume listing your work, school and community activities, athletics, awards, offices held, and other relevant experience.
- Your most recent high school transcript.
Deadline: March 15, 2021