Who Can Apply: All applicants must:
- be a graduating senior from a Shelby County Schools high school;
- have been successfully enrolled in any Family and Consumer Sciences class during the 2014-2015 school year;
- have a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale;
- be accepted by and plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical school, two-year, or four-year college or university; and
- submit the Mildred Galloway Scholarship application form and required attachments.
Submission: A complete application includes:
- completed Mildred Galloway Scholarship application form;
- one-page personal statement outlining education or career goals;
- two current letters of recommendation – one from someone other than a family member who is familiar with you and one from a teacher, employer, or person other than a family member who has knowledge of your related skills in Family and Consumer Sciences;
- most recent high school transcript;
- copy of your ACT and/or SAT scores; and a
- copy of your Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, OR your College Scholarship Service (CSS) Profile.
Deadline: May 1, 2015
Learn More: Mildred Galloway Scholarship