Millie Brother Scholarship (Deadline: April 1, 2016)
Who Can Apply: The Millie Brother Scholarship is an annual scholarship awarded to hearing children of deaf adults to help them pursue their education. The scholarship can be used for undergraduate or graduate study. On average two $3000 scholarship are offered annually. These are one-time scholarships, but you may apply for as many years as you are in school. First-time winners will receive preference. Applicants may compete for both scholarships, but a separate essay is required for each submission.
Applicants must be the hearing son or daughter of one or two Deaf parent(s).
- The application form (download PDF). The application is to be completed by the applicant.
- Essay: 2-page double-spaced
- Describe how your experience with Deaf parents has shaped your life and your goals.
- Include a description of your future career aspirations.
- Essays will be judged for organization, content, and creativity.
- We encourage you to ask someone else to proofread your essay before you submit it.
- The letter of agreement (last page of the application package) to publish your essay at the end of the application.
- The letter of agreement form must be faxed back to us at: 781-283-3730781-283-3730.
- In addition to 1-3 above, each applicant must submit the following documents:
- An official transcript from your high school and your college or university if you are currently enrolled. Unofficial transcripts will not be accepted. Transcripts can take several weeks to process, so we encourage you request your transcripts well in advance of the April deadline.
- Two sealed letters of recommendation from teachers (download PDF). The application package is not considered submitted until you have received an email confirmation from our office.
Deadline: April 1, 2016
Learn More: Millie Brother Scholarship