Who Can Apply: The Molly Gill Memorial Scholarship is awarded to any graduating senior who has excelled despite a severe physical disability. This scholarship has been established in memory of Molly Gill, who was a quadriplegic as the result of an accident. Molly faced her daily challenges with courage, and a determination to further her education and become independent. Molly Gill embraced the goodness of each day and her spirit is best summarized by the following quote: “I can always say, ‘what if?’ But, I wouldn’t have gotten anywhere with that.”
Applicants to the Molly Gill Memorial Scholarship Fund must:
- Be a graduating senior from any high school within the counties of Prince William, Stafford, Spotsylvania, King George or Caroline, or the City of Fredericksburg.
- The selection criteria are intended to open the field to a range of deserving students who have demonstrated efforts to overcome severe physical disabilities, and have served as an inspiration to others.
- Demonstrate plans to attend an accredited community college or a four-year college or university.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from high school teachers and/or counselors
- An essay of no more than 900 words that includes:
- How you are meeting the challenges associated with your disability in daily living
- Your long-term goals and how you plan to reach them
Deadline: March 1, 2020