MyLEDLightingGuide Scholarship (Deadline: January 1, 2018)
Who Can Apply:
- Only students located within the United States. You must be a US Citizen. Only active college students eligible.
- Must be registered full time for the Winter 2018 semester.
- Content must be original and written by you. No plagiarism.
- Minimum GPA Requirement: 2.5.
- Military academies are ineligible.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a program that is two years in length or longer.
Submission: Students are required to write a well researched essay with a minimum of 1000 words on one of the following topics:
a. Why converting to LED is good for the country and nation. Think of the economic and environmental reasons on why conversion makes sense.
b. Cost / Benefit Analysis of Converting to LED Lights – What should business owners consider when analyzing the reasons to convert to LED for their businesses. Think in terms of a factory owner, warehouse owner or anyone who spends a lot of money on lights every month.
c. The benefits to the environment of converting to LED. For example, calculate the reduced energy consumption if people convert their light fixtures from Metal Halide to a LED Retrofit Solution.
d. Analyze the existing lighting technologies and rate them in terms of performance, savings, reliability and functionality.
e. How factories and warehouse facilities can dramatically reduce their energy spend by converting over to LED.
f. Great ideas for making the planet greener – things we can do as individuals or thing corporations can do to help the environment.
g. Climate Change: Steps we can take as individuals to make a difference.
Deadline: January 1, 2018
Learn More: https://www.myledlightingguide.com/scholarship