Nancy Kalchbrenner Scholarship (Deadline: February 1, 2020)
Who Can Apply: To provide educational resources for graduating seniors from Rockford District 205 High Schools who will be first generation college students.
– Be a graduating senior from a Rockford District 205 high school;
– Be a first generation college student – i.e., applicant’s parents, grandparents, etc. did not graduate with a degree from a post-secondary institution;
– Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0/4.0;
– Exhibit financial need (defined in the case of this scholarship as an EFC of 10000 or less); and
– Demonstrate the ability to achieve goals and balance work, school and volunteer activities.
Submission: Describe ways in which you have had to balance school, work and other commitments in order to succeed and any obstacles that made that especially difficult. How will this experience help you to be successful in college and beyond?
Deadline: February 1, 2020