Who Can Apply: Natasha Porter was an employee of the NSCA who passed away in October of 2016 after a courageous battle with breast cancer. Natasha was the Executive Assistant to the Executive Director and was also responsible for the management of all the NSCA awards. Through her installation of responsibility and strong work ethic, she inspired those around her.
This scholarship is designed for the specific purpose of providing financial assistance to Education Recognition Program (ERP) School Students to attend their first National Conference to network and engage with professionals in the industry. The scholarship has been established to honor Natasha’s legacy and impact on the NSCA. Scholarships will provide the cost of the conference admission, travel (domestic ONLY), daily meal stipend and boarding accommodations.
All scholarship applicants must be NSCA Members at the application deadline (on or before October 15), have not yet attended any NSCA Conference in any capacity, and a current student of an ERP school that is in good standing with the NSCA. Members of the Board of Directors, Scholarship Review Committee, NSCA/NSCA Affiliate and NSCA Foundation employees and their families are not eligible to receive scholarships and may not write letters of recommendation for applicants.
1. Completed Application.
2. Current membership at the time of application.
3. Have never attended an NSCA National Conference
4. Current ERP Student in good standing (undergraduate)
5. 3 letters of recommendation.
6. 3.0+ GPA
7. Transcripts from each school attended.
8. The pursuant degree is in a strength and conditioning field.
9. The applicant has not won this award previously.
10. Is not a current member of the NSCA Foundation Board of Directors, Scholarship Committee, serve as a Scholarship Reviewer, NSCA Board of Directors, NSCA/NSCA Foundation affiliate employee or employee’s family member.
Deadline: October 15, 2020