Who Can Apply: The Nicholas J. Gonzalez Memorial scholarship program was established in 1989 by Silverman Wilkov and DeThomasis, Attorneys at Law. Nicholas was killed by a teenaged drunk driver while helping a friend with a stalled car.
Nick was an active participant in school and community activities. He was an excellent student and began taking courses at Santa Fe College while he was still in high school. Nick was on the Buchholz Swim Team and participated in the Junior Achievement Program. He also donated over 600 hours as a volunteer at the Veterans Administration and worked at a local restaurant throughout high school and college. Nick graduated from Buchholz High School in 1988. He was awarded his Associate in Arts degree from Santa Fe College posthumously.
- Student must have 2.5 GPA
- Full time (12 credit hours) enrollment
- Buchholz High School Graduate
- Alachua County Resident
- Pursuing A.A. (Associate in Arts) or A.S. (Associate in Science) degree
- Community Service with preference in drug and alcohol abuse prevention
Deadline: October 15, 2019