Who Can Apply:
- Resident of Alaska.
- High school senior or undergraduate college student accepted to or enrolled in any accredited college or university.
- Member of a high school cross-country ski team in the applicants junior and senior year.
- Member of the NSAA for the current and preceding ski season.
- Cumulative grade point average of at least 2.7 on a 4.0 scale.
- Enrollment for a minimum of 8 semester hours of coursework during the semester in which the scholarship is recorded.
- Family members of NSAA Board members and/or scholarship selection committee members are ineligible for consideration.
- Attending college in Alaska is judged favorably but not essential.
- Academic performance.
- Participation in cross-country skiing activities.
- Community service performed while in high school or college.
- Essay (500 word maximum) on the “benefits you have received from skiing.”
- Voluntary Service to the NSAA and the Nordic skiing community by the applicant and his/her family.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from 1) a teacher or counselor and 2) a ski coach.
Deadline: March 31, 2019