Who Can Apply:
- U.S. Citizen (or permanent resident).
- Enrolled (or enrolling) as a full time student of an accredited college/university within the United States for completion of an undergraduate degree in Logistics or equivalent field.
- Limit of one (1) entry per contestant.
- Employees, professional affiliates, and agents of North American Van Lines (and their immediate families) are not eligible.
- The applicant must comply with IRS rules to qualify for the tax-free benefits of the scholarship, including following.
- It does not exceed your expenses;
- It is not designated or earmarked for other purposes (such as room and board), and does not require (by its terms) that it cannot be used for qualified education expense; and
- It does not represent payment for teaching, research, or other services required as a condition for receiving the scholarship.
- You must be a Candidate for a Degree. You are a Candidate for a Degree if you:
- Attend a primary or secondary school or are pursuing a degree at a college or university, or
- Attend an educational institution that:
- Provides a program that is acceptable for full credit toward a bachelor’s or higher degree, or offers a program of training to prepare students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation; and
- Is authorized under federal or state law to provide such a program and is accredited by a nationally recognized accreditation agency
- Eligible educational institution. An eligible educational institution is one whose primary function is the presentation of formal instruction and that normally maintains a regular faculty and curriculum and normally has a regularly enrolled body of students in attendance at the place where it carries on its educational activities.
- Qualified education expenses. For purposes of tax-free scholarships and fellowship grants, these are expenses for:
- Tuition and fees required to enroll at or attend an eligible educational institution; and
- Course-related expenses, such as fees, books, supplies, and equipment that are required for the courses at the eligible educational institution. These items must be required of all students in your course of instruction.
- Qualified education expenses do not include the cost of:
- Room and board, Travel, Research,Clerical help, or Equipment and other expenses that are not required for enrollment in or attendance at an eligible educational institution.
Submission: Submit a brief essay of between 400 and 800 words, detailing why a career in logistics/supply chain management is your college major of choice. A personalized tone, referencing sincere firsthand experience and sentiment, is best—no need to be too formal.
Deadline: December 15, 2020
Learn More: https://www.northamerican.com/scholarship