OklahomaLawyer.com Make Us Proud Scholarship (Deadline: July 31, 2015)
Who Can Apply:
- Must be a high school senior, college freshman or sophomore.
- High school senior: graduating in 2015.
- College freshman or sophomore: Enrolled in a college and has completed no more than 60 credit hours.
- Must be a U.S. citizen living in the U.S. and attending school in the U.S.
- Write a 140-word essay. Then, write a 140-character tweet-worthy summary of the essay. Both the essay and tweet will be considered.
- The winning essay will be on a topic related to one of Hasbrook & Hasbrook’s nine practice areas. It will be the essay we will be most proud to display on our website, www.OklahomaLawyer.com. Make us proud!
- Our nine practice areas are personal injury, auto accidents, medical malpractice, dangerous drugs and medical devices, employment law, nursing home abuse, insurance law, car dealership fraud, and product liability. For more information about these practice areas and the kinds of issues we deal with, see our website and our blog.
- Remember, we represent people who have been injured or harmed; the winning essay will be sympathetic to their point of view.
- The essay may inform or advocate or both. These are familiar topics that are covered often by the media. The winning essay will not simply rehash what has already been said; it will present something new and/or communicate an idea in a creative way.
- Don’t be fooled. It is much harder to write a good 140-word essay than to write a good 500-word or 1000-word essay. Make every word count.
- Judging will be done by members of our law firm. Their final decision will be based on: (1) relevance to one of our practice areas, (2) composition and (3) creativity.
Deadline: July 31, 2015
Learn More: OklahomaLawyer.com Make Us Proud Scholarship