Who Can Apply: In the spirit of teamwork and of the cooperative principle, Concern for Community, Oregon Trail Electric Cooperative is proud to partner with Eastern Oregon University to award local students the chance to achieve their dreams of higher education at Oregon’s Rural University. The OTEC-EOU Rural Scholarship Program awards four incoming EOU freshmen the opportunity to have their entire tuition and fees paid for by OTEC and EOU if they commit to attend the university all four years.
Recognizing that each dollar kept and spent in the local economy returns that money back to our communities, this scholarship program incentivizes high school graduates from Baker, Grant, Harney and Union Counties to complete their degree at EOU. As long as an applicant meets the OTEC-EOU scholarship criteria, fulfills their obligation for the OTEC Internship Program and satisfies the criteria to complete a Scholarship Renewable form each year, the applicant may receive a scholarship from OTEC matched by funds from the EOU Scholarship Foundation annually for up to four years to complete a Bachelor’s degree. Eligible applicants will receive a scholarship equivalent to 100% of tuition costs for the degree period enrolled.
1. Applicant must be an incoming freshman admitted and accepted at EOU.
2. Applicant must either be a member of OTEC, the spouse, legal dependent or leasee of an OTEC member who has an active meter in OTEC’s service territory in Baker, Grant, Harney or Union Counties.
3. Applicant must have graduated from a high school or homeschool program within OTEC’s service territory.
4. Applicant will have achieved a 3.0 or higher GPA from last attended school.
4. Applicant will provide high school grade point average, school transcripts and explain their participation in school and community activities.
5. Applicant is required to submit three letters of recommendation, including two academic letters of recommendation.
6. Applicant will have successfully held at least a part-time job, summer job, internship, or a regular volunteer position during the past year and submit a supervisor’s recommendation letter in addition to the two letters as required in Line 5 above.
7. Applicant will complete and submit the OTEC-EOU scholarship application per the instruction for the program by the program deadline of January 31, 2021, doing so without errors or omissions.
8. Transcripts and/or letters of recommendations must be submitted along with the application, on or before the program deadline of January 31, 2021.
9. Scholarships will be granted to attend full time (12-hour minimum) at Eastern Oregon University and is renewable for up to 4 academic years or 12 academic terms.
10. Applicant must demonstrate a coherent degree plan and willingness to pursue a course of higher learning at EOU.
11. Applicant must fulfill the OTEC internship requirments.
1. Write a letter of thanks addressed to the Board of Directors, the scholarship committee, and the OTEC membership.
2. Send a high resolution (300dpi) portrait photo to [email protected] within 2 weeks of receiving notification of award.
3. Submit a copy of enrollment verification a minimum of 45 days prior to the start of the term. Once enrollment has been verified, OTEC and EOU will release the funds.
Deadline: January 31, 2021